Saturday 22 September 2012

Pampered Chef Yorkshire Puddings disguised as Profiteroles.

Are they Yorkshire Puddings or are they Profiteroles?
I made these at the show I did last night and they are completely amazing.  So quick and easy and simply a Yorkshire pudding mix which then has cream and melted chocolate added.  I love the Stoneware 12-cup Muffin pan they are made in and it is definitely the key ingredient for the virtually fat free Yorkshire Puddings.

The best thing about these is you don't have to heat the Muffin pan to red hot before you pour in the batter, or put in chunks of lard or huge amounts of oil. These are cooked from cold (yes really!) and last night I even convinced a seasoned Yorkie maker that the Stoneware Muffin Pan could make hers even better.

So here's the super simple recipe...


Ingredients

1 Prep bowl Plain Flour (A prep bowl is 250ml)
1 Prep bowl milk
1 Prep bowl of eggs (3 eggs topped up with water if less than the full bowl)

Method
1. Place all of the ingredients in a Classic Batter Bowl

2. Beat till all combined with a Stainless Whisk; a few lumps are fine!

3. Pour into a Stoneware Muffin pan that has had the wells lightly oiled with a little vegetable oil on a silicone basting brush if its new.  If it is seasoned you need no oil at all!

4. Bake at 200°C for 25 mins for fluffy and puffy Yorkshires! (You can leave them in the muffin tin for a while once they come out of the oven and they won't collapse like traditional ones.)

To make profiteroles beat a tub of double cream with a double balloon whisk and squirt into the middle of the profiteroles with an easy accent decorator.  Pile them into a trifle bowl or onto a bamboo platter and pour over melted chocolate.  Also fabulous with syrup or jam.



3 comments:

  1. Yup! Those look pretty good. Can you send a few over please? Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad I found this thanks, wasn't sure if I needed to pre heat the tray or not!

    ReplyDelete

I would be delighted if you left me a comment , so I know I'm not just speaking to myself!